Relocating to a new country will involve many changes in and around us – some welcome and some, not so much. Here are some changes we are already pondering:
- much more challenging to grab a meal with any of our daughters!
- challenges of being 13 hours ahead of our US East Coast friends and family for 6 months of the year. The rest of the year we are only 12 hours ahead!
- being hot and sticky most days. No cool fall evenings.
- eating a LOT more rice
- having a much harder time finding jeans that fit, given Eunice’s Caucasian hip-size!
- not having our own garden
- daily public transportation use instead of driving
- not needing to shovel snow or chop ice
- savoring sweet times of fellowship with our friends and family in East Asia
Lord, as we adjust to new situations and surroundings, cultivate in us a flexible and open spirit.