My intentions are not always yours,
and I do not go about things as you do.
My thoughts and My ways are above and beyond you,
just as heaven is far from your reach here on earth.
These words are from the Eternal One, the blessed Redeemer. He tells us
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.” John 13:34
“God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.” Acts 10:34-35
“For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:12-13
And now it is time for Americans to consider who will represent them as their leaders. How will we cast our votes?
The son of the famed evangelist Billy Graham reminds us,
Will you pray with me for my earthly country, the United States of America? I have a heavenly kingdom, too, but I’m also a citizen of an earthly one.
Prayer requests: (pray as the Lord leads you)
- Humbling ourselves, repentance, and healing of our land
- Respect and reconciliation between races
- Communities and families, an end to abortion, and salvation of the lost
- Wisdom and humility for government leaders and representatives
- Christ-followers would walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God (Ephesians 5:2)