We’ve promised you personal updates on Saturday. We are here to keep our promise!
You’ve prayed with us through personal health challenges, the process of applying to become members of OMF, and Eunice’s mother’s illness and homeward calling. You know that we are awaiting the Lord’s provision of funds and partners to be cleared to head to OMF’s final training session in 2018.
Today we testify to just a few of the Lord’s amazing blessings of the week:
- my two sisters and their families traveled from Philadelphia (PA), Long Beach (CA), and Sioux Falls (SD) to say goodbye to Mom and honor her life. All three of my daughters from Jacksonville (NC), the Bronx (NY) and camp (in the Pocono Mountains, PA) were able to join us.
- we had a peaceful interment at Brigadier General William C. Doyle Memorial Cemetery amidst the cicadas and the shade of a steamy August morning
- Cousins April and Robert (from Eunice’s father’s side) joined us at Mom’s memorial service (we hadn’t seen each other in about 30 years!). They traveled from Ohio and Texas!
- Eunice and her niece had the opportunity to play a flute duet of one of Mom’s favorite hymns Blessed Assurance
- First Baptist Church of New Market in Piscataway, NJ, hosted the memorial service and sponsored a nutritious and delicious meal afterwards, where our family could linger and laugh and pray
- a neighbor hosted an Italian dinner for our whole family
- YOU have sent condolences to our family from around the world (Thank you. East Asia, in particular!)
- we still have need to depend on the Lord AND to do our part in telling God’s Plan for the Nations (we are about 86% towards our September 3 target)
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6
May the peace of God surround you and fill your cup with joy – gratitude overflowing.
1 thought on “Knee-dy Days of Summer – Day 18”
So thankful that it all went well. Now you have cherished memories till we all meet up with our loved ones again. So glad that this is only a temporary separation, just for a little while and then we are together for ever. Such a blessing to be a child of Jesus